ISB provides a broad range of services in support of design and operation of subsea pipelines including survey and route selection, feasibility and cost studies, detail design, procurement, contracting and construction supervision.
- Develop route selection criteria
- Supervise the survey field and data processing work
- Design basis definition
- Pipeline hydraulics and sizing
- Initial selection of pipeline route
- Stability analysis and determination of weight coating and/or trenching requirements
- Wall thickness and steel grade calculation using traditional or limit-state design criteria
- Pipe spanning analysis and determination of pipe support needs
- Upheaval buckling analysis and assessment
- Fatigue and fracture mechanic assessment
ISB has designed and analyzed pipelines for various cost effective installation methods; surface tow method, control depth tow method, bottom tow method, conventional installation using Lay-barge method, to name a few.
Pipelines installation Engineering includes the following:
- Start up (various methods)
- Pipelay (Stinger Tension Optimization)
- Lay Down
- Emergency Repair
- Riser Installation
- Shore Approach
- Pipeline Replacement
Backed by state of the art software tools, ISB is capable of undertaking fully coupled, multi-body time domain numerical simulations of pipeline installation. Analysis can be carried out in quasi-static and dynamic modes.
With advanced knowledge of floating bodies, fluid mechanics and line dynamics, ISB is capable of assisting Installation Contractors to perform pipeline installation design of deepwater and shallow water operations.